Tuesday, August 16, 2016

General Poetry

General Poetry
 
 
We Were Created to be Loved
 
 
 
It was a beautiful gift, now a paradise lost
Loneliness is its consequence and it comes at a great cost
Deceivingly, we believe in technology
To save us and provide all that we think we need
We are plugged-in with gadgets gadgets galore
Electricity’s capabilities that cannot be ignored
Computers, microchips, and robots rule the day
But none of them will make the heartache go away
Because we were created to be loved
We have our medications; they load us up on drugs
But these can never take the place of the comfort of a hug
Modern day conveniences designed to assist
Can never flame a fire like a sensuous kiss
Our sophisticated weapons of mass destruction
Do nothing but intimidate, they offer no seduction
While we pretend we too rapidly are advancing
Yet we are far behind in the part of love and romancing
Because we were created to be loved
No invention out there offers truth we can rely on
The secure feeling of a safe shoulder to cry on
No wired computer system will ever dare compare
To the soothing feeling of when your fingers stroke my hair
The world can embrace its motherboards ROMS and RAMS
I want to feel tenderness, and the warmth of a tender hand
Stop climbing the corporate ladder just to get ahead
Instead snuggle close, skin to skin, and hold me instead
Because we were created to be loved
Not so long ago we did not text on a phone
“It is not good for man or woman to be alone
We all need to touch and love one another
To appreciate the gift of sharing with a lover
So much emotion is unwrapped in a simple smile
Why not stay in that moment and lay with me awhile
Put your hands on my skin; I can never get enough
Technology can never replace that feeling of your touch
Because We were created to be loved
Joyce Garner 2016
 
 
 
Still Silent
 
 
 
The sound of silence swaying in the air
But still the screams echo in my ear
A silent whisper haunts me everywhere
Even in my dreams it feeds my fear
We bleed in anger, as we sing our lullaby
We don’t know the truth, we cannot see
We watch and wonder, while the rivers are running dry
A thousand shadows hanging over me
We all see what we wanna see
We ignore what is true but cannot be
What’s illusion? What’s reality?
It all seems so strange to me
We’re still silent
Joyce Garner 2015
 
 
 
THE WHITE PICKET FENCE
 
 
 
I would like to introduce you, to my befuddled muse.
She helps release pent up emotions, by telling about the horrors of domestic abuse.
Although you cannot see her, trust me, she is there.
Appearing unexpectedly, whenever the pains far too much, to bare.
Tragedy struck my life extremely early, while still developing in the womb.
For Daddy did not want me to ever dwell, inside this abusive home.
He too had his problems, fighting demons that refused to flee.
Unfortunately the disease he fought was cast upon him, by so called, powers that be.
Drowning his sorrows in alcohol, tragically ripped our family apart.
Our poor mother suffered at his hands, before my life could even get a start.
Haunted by my earliest memories, practically every single day.
If my creator truly loved me, how come the darkness, never seems to go astray?
Gripping onto the rails attached to the staircase, I witnessed my mother's demise.
Helplessly seeking answers, to try to keep her frail spirit alive.
Wondering still today, if Mama knows just how proud I am, of her.
For she gathered up beastly strength, and kicked him straight to the cold, concrete curb .
It was the end to living in the house, with THE WHITE PICKET FENCE .
Leaving me still today, inquisitively wondering, if it will ever, make any kind of sense.
Don't cry for me, just yet, for there's much more of my story to tell.
For this was the beginning to saving my father's soul, so he would not spend eternity, burning in Hell.
Krista S Clark
©6/17/16
 
 
 
Dear Christopher
 
 
 
Goodbye for now, it won't be long,
til I sing you to sleep with a Lullaby song.
Your life was ended, before it began.
I ask for your forgiveness, if there's any way you can.
God showed me his love and set my broken heart free.
My innocence was lost, but son, don't cry for me.
I'll hold you in Heaven, thanks to God's generous grace.
Heaven's your home now, you're in a peaceful place.
Your father wasn't perfect, but I've forgiven him too.
I'm sure he thinks about you, and loves you, like I do.
Watch over your sisters and protect them from harm.
They're both so beautiful; I'm certain they have your charm.
I will miss you, DEAR CHRISTOPHER, until that glorious day.
When God chooses to send me to Heaven, up your way.
I see you, my son, in the arms of our Lord.
If I had known better,
I'd never allowed them to abort. Deep in my heart, I hear you cry.
I love you, so much, wishing I didn't have to say goodbye.
I give you to God, so that I can heal.
He's filled my soul, with your angelic appeal.
Goodbye for now, it won't be long.
Til I sing you to sleep, with a Lullaby song.
Krista S Clark
©June 2016
 
 
 
COUNTRY GIRL
 
 
 
I stumbled upon some mud today, while making memories, with my new best friend.
His fondness for cold, wet dirt, just never seems to come to an end.
Squishy feelings arose in my heart, as we rolled around vicariously.
He might be small, but he is quick; he followed me, right up a tree!
Mommy's probably gonna be mad, that we've made ourselves into such a mess.
What do you expect from a COUNTRY GIRL; I wouldn't be caught in a clean dress!
Someday I'll look back on this day, and laugh uncontrollably.
If not for times like this, how could I write poetry?
Krista S Clark
©June 2016
 
MASKED
 
 
 
The wrath has fallen upon me in the deep, darkness of the night.
I can no longer hold these demons at bay; they simply must, come into the light.
Time to face my blackened fears, while holding my head extremely high.
Screaming out to the Lord, my God, as I uncontrollably, continue to cry.
I've reached the end of being severely afraid, of the evil desires within my heart.
Flee from my inner being, before you rip my soul, completely apart.
Although you've tried to conquer my all, I'll continually refuse to let you in.
I am MASKED to attract your attention; flee Satan; it is I, who is going to win!
Krista S Clark
©June 2016
 
 
 
empath too
 
 
 
She is in my mirror
In so many views.
So much of me keeps
Space in her loving form.
And why not?
When it comes right down to it, you want to be with the one who "gets" you...
And is okay with absorbing your brilliance, alongside your crazy!
-To be with the one who makes a bed in his heart for your weary spirit.
There, where she can keep you safe as she goes about soothing your pain.
There, where his love becomes you, and you know nothing apart from her complete giving.
The Empath that he is, will be there with the lights lit, and love on the stove always,
even when you've lost all sense of taste.
And that's the conundrum...
You can't give enough back to her, to somehow make you even...
She'll out-love you every step of the way...
It has to be enough to accept her grace with humility...and a grateful nature.
The most beautiful thing is...
This is always enough.
©ricCochran2016
 
 
 
Ambrosia Sunset
 
 
 
Tangerine castles in the sky
lemon chiffon clouds sailing by
it was all a dream, a vision I cried
until I saw a lonely dragonfly
It all began in a mellow morning mist
on a secluded beach, wishing to be kissed
looking for shells, my toes squishing the sand
I heard a voice saying, "Would you care to dance?"
Slowly I turned and what a delightful surprise
a gorgeous man with the deepest blue eyes
blonde and tan as a smile began to form
suddenly I was extremely warm
He had a tattoo of a dragonfly upon his chest
it was spectacular I must confess a
dragon was on one arm and a rose on the other
the dragon winked while the dragonfly began to flutter
Lovely Maiden may your company I keep?
his voice, sweet as honey and so very deep
where did he come from, this man with such charm
I just knew there would be no harm
Silently walking with his arm around my waist
he said your lips so wonderful of them I must taste
totally entranced with his touch on my skin
my senses exploded and I said just begin
Softly, gently at first…his lips touched mine
then more passionately as if we had no more time
"Sweet One" he said, Yes I replied calling him Blue Eyes
"Let's lay on the sand and discover dreams in the sky"
Satin, silky clouds were floating by
watching the sun ebb into the ocean with a sigh
the wind was whispering through the trees
as we lay there caressed by a breeze
We drank of ambrosia much sweeter than wine
his eyes, full of passion, never leaving mine
"We must never forget this enchanted day
 
My dearest, I soon must go away
Back to my mountaintop where I belong
I cannot stay with you, for this is just wrong
no tears will you shed, I must set my dragonfly free
and I promise every sunset you will see me
When the stars come out every night
my dragon will soon take flight
dancing on moonbeams with you, Lil One
but only until the dawn brings the sun"
He kissed me and then he was gone
but in my heart he left a sweet song
was he a dream, a delicious vision,
or only my vivid imagination
The next evening at sunset I could hardly wait
to see if our souls were destined by fate
as I looked down upon the sand
a dragonfly came and sat on my hand
My heart began to beat so fast
as I knew what he told me had come to pass
a royal purple dragon flew by so majestically
and now we would be together for an eternity
jane kelley
 
© 7/03
 
A Little Philosophy
 
 
 
Everything is not, as it seems
Buddhist ontology
not broken themes.
Its epistemology:
Suspicious of Language
Concept formation
a kind of anguish
The Buddhist asks
If 'no philosophy'
is a philosophy itself?
And then it finds
self-referential incoherence
I'm not a follower
But still I think
Buddhism is worth
to be seen in sync
 
©Mohammad Forouzani
July 2016
 
 
 
 
Lost
 
 
 
The sandpiper whispers
his throat parched with the sand
he no longer can search for treasures
the ocean's tides never reach the land
The moon-blood red,
the sky is pure white
the stars have all vanished
no longer is there a night
The clouds have all sighed
the winds don't whistle in the trees
the sun shimmers no more
and just sank into the sea
The ocean is tempest tossed
no longer sings it's song
and all of this happened
when I woke and you were gone
Lost and alone each hour
every minute of the day
wondering how could you
just leave me and go away
Silently I walk the shore
a lonely butterfly flutters by
and whispers, Come with me
I know a place where you can cry
He took me to the edge
where the ocean used to flow
saying, unleash your heart
it will free your soul
The pain slivers my heart
the tears drizzle the sand
and I wait, barely breathing
for you to come and take my hand
jane kelley
© 8/17/03
 
 
 
 
 
 
Sundown, Fall (V2)
 
 
By Michael Lee Johnson
Fall, everything is turning yellow and golden.
No wind, Indian summer, bright day,
wind charms with Indian enchantment,
last brides marry before first snowfall,
grass growth slows down, retreats,
bushes cut back with chills, retreats,
haven of the winter grows legs, strong,
learns baby steps, pushes itself
up slowly against my patio door, freezes,
and says, “soon, soon, Spring I’ll be there.”
Winter is sweeping up what is left of fall,
making room for shorter day's longer nights.
I hear the echoes of the change of seasons,
until next sundown sunflowers grow.
 
California Summer
 
 
 
By Michael Lee Johnson
 
Coastal warm breeze
off Santa Monica, California
the sun turns salt
shaker upside down
and it rains white smog, humid mist.
No thunder, no lightening,
nothing else to do
except sashay
forward into liquid
and swim
into eternal days
like this.
 
 
 
 
 
 
If I Were Young Again (V3)
 
 
By Michael Lee Johnson
 
Piecemeal summer dies:
long winter spreads its blanket again.
For ten years I have lived in exile,
locked in this rickety cabin, shoulders
jostled up against open Alberta sky.
 
 
If I were young again, I’d sing of coolness of high
mountain snow flowers, sprinkle of night glow-blue meadows;
I would dream and stretch slim fingers into distant nowhere,
yawn slowly over endless prairie miles.
The grassland is where in summer silence grows;
in evening eagles spread their wings
dripping feathers like warm honey.
If I were young again, I’d eat pine cones, food of birds,
share meals with wild wolves;
I’d have as much dessert as I wanted,
reach out into blue sky, lick the clouds off my fingertips.
But I’m not young anymore and my thoughts tormented
are raw, overworked, sharpened with misery
from torture of war and childhood.
For ten years now I've lived locked in this unstable cabin,
 
inside rush of summer winds,
outside air beaten dim with snow.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
The Seasons and the Slants (V2)
 
 
By Michael Lee Johnson
 
I live my life inside my patio window.
It’s here, at my business desk I slip
into my own warm pajamas and slippersseek
Jesus, come to terms
with my own cross and brittle conditions.
Outside, winter night turns to winter storm,
the blue jay, cardinal, sparrows and doves
go into hiding, away from the razor whipping winds,
behind willow tree bare limb branchesthey
lose their faces in somber hue.
Their voices at night abbreviate
and are still, short like Hemingway sentences.
With this poetic mind, no one cares
about the seasons and the slants
the wind or its echoes.
 
Common Church Poem (V4)
By Michael Lee Johnson
 
Sitting here in this pew
splinters in my butt
I spend hours in silent prayer.
I beg Jesus for a quiet life.
Breathing here is so serene.
Sounds of vespers, so beautiful
dagger, so alone, unnoticed.
You can hear Saints
clear their eardrums
Q-Tips cleanse mine.
I hear their scandals
I review mine.
 
 
 
CINNAMON PAIGE
 
 
 
Bitter and drunk
Cinnamon Paige read a blue block letters
That is an exclusive FRANCHISE of a tattoo parlor
O’ the ravishing night
Evidently has been compelling her
To the cocktail lounge
Yes darkness grips the feeling of Cinnamon
A shadow of intruder visits her imagination
And plants a forbidden kiss on her lips
She startled for the moment
And acknowledged the DIABOLICAL devilment
She acquired about the tattoo that is decorated her body
The same piercing feeling repeatedly enhances her curiosity
A devilish feeling rushes through Cinnamon
Who is He!!
She can fancy the secret place of life
Manifested under human flesh
Resisted the throb of dark night
She saw a scar faced man could pricking
Her old thought again and again
Cinnamon Paige I am
My nightmare vision become real
The master of my darkest dreams
Scream for the unspeakable
And I welcome you all in the DIABOLICAL FRANCHISE WORLD
Live it and feel the extreme darkness..
©® Rainy 2016
I ESPECIALLY thankful to Ryan who has allowed me to use CINNAMON PAIGE name
Here in my poem…this name derives from Ryan’s book .Thank you Ryan.
 
 
 
A STRANGER CALLING
 
 
 
©® Rainysarmistha
A stranger in the dark street
Walking down
With a box full of wishes
Heading towards an unknown destiny!
He is brave enough to enter
In the forbidden trance
That’s called frozen desires
Oh yes the bristle brush
Of his all expectations
Has been deposited
In the dark box of his mind
A stranger indeed
He walks and walks
In the dark night
Alone without any hesitation
The strong experience to meet
His destination
He had buried all his solitude
In the forbidden depth
Of unknown specification
Therefore, walks alone
He named himself as stranger...
 
 
 
Only A Breath Away
 
 
 
by jane kelley © 6/14/04
 
 
Look for me in the winter snows
and in spring as rain kisses the air
in shimmering rainbows in a deep blue sky
you'll find my presence there
You’ll find me in the garden
amidst the beauty of May’s perfume
drifting like a dandelion in the breeze
on a sunny day in June
On a hot August night you’ll find me
look among the softly swaying trees
or in the cotton candy clouds
upon a summer breeze
When colors begin to change to gold
in a harvest field I can be found
as autumn nears with it's beauty
and the leaves float silently down
As the icicles hang from glistening trees
and a chill is in the air
just look into the silver moon
you’ll find me lingering there
Look for me in the firelight
in the melodies swirling in your mind
you'll feel me in the memories
and know I am with you through all time
When the sun sinks into the horizon
and shadows creep silently into the night
you’ll find me in your dreams
and I’ll be the morning light
When you feel worried or discouraged
and you get on your knees to pray
you’ll feel me close beside you
I’m just a breath away
 
 
 
YOU ARE A VOICE
 
 
 
You are a voice
God made you a voice,
So you have a voice.
You have a testimony
You are a testimony
You are here to testify.
You have a song
You must sing
You are a song,
God gave you a song.
You are a witness
You are here to witness
God is your witness.
This is your track
The diary of your history
Your book of records,
It bears your story.
Write it down
Sing it, make it happen
You are one, so unique
You are that voice,
The world yearns to hear.
© Ngozi Olivia Osuoha
 
HOLD ON TO YOUR DREAMS
 
 
 
It shatters to lose a parent
It could kill a beautiful dream,
It kills to witness war
It could rend hope apart,
It tears to be raped
It could smash destiny,
It dwindles to be scandalized
It could crush reputation,
It discourages to be gossiped
 
It could fade respect,
But the future is a mystery
Everything is a teacher
Troubles advance our mentality
Challenges enlarge our strength,
Hold on to your dreams.
Heartbreaks and disappointments
Divorce and widowhood
Spinsterhood and singlehood
All and more, ache
But there is more to life,
A little bit of this
A little bit of that,
Joy and sorrow
Pain and peace,
Trauma and drama
Vices and victories
All, all elevate us
So hold on to your dreams.
Do not take your life
Suicide is not an option,
The heat of torments
The rage of trials
The height of temptations
The peak of evil
The climax of horror
The apex of terror,
All these shape our destiny
Hold on to your dreams.
We capture in adventure
We see in adversity
We grow in quest
We expand in jungle
Your dream must not die
Big or small, tiny or large
Soft or hard, short or long
Nurse it, nurture it
Feed it, grow it
Feature it, announce it
Zoom it, let it boom
© Ngozi Olivia Osuoha
 
 
 
TERROISM THE MIS-CREED OF RELIGION
 
 
 
Bonded and yoked partisan
Free, yet enslaved fanatic
Flying a cursed route
Treading a forbidden zone,
Preaching a serpentine gospel
Terrorism, the mis-creed of religion.
Devoted and arrested 'religioner'
Dedicated, committed enthusiast
Ardent, faithful loyalist
Ready, gallant spy
Brave, deceitful viper
Terrorism, mis-creed of religion.
The oracle of missiles
The brother of rockets,
The priest of gun
The saint of death
The god of destruction
Terrorism, mis-creed of religion.
The son of torture
The bread of war
The signature of bombs
The agreement of weapons,
The revival of doom
Terrorism, mis-creed of religion.
Bulletproof his organ
Virgins are worried,
Tick tock, the blast
Heaven is agog
Let the merry begin,
Terrorism, mis-creed of religion.
The peak of righteousness
Heritage divine, destiny fulfilled
Baton of peace, marathon of light
To God be the glory
Onward, forward ever
Terrorism, mis-creed of religion.
© Ngozi Olivia Osuoha
 
 
 
JUNGLE JUSTICE A THORN IN THE HEART
 
 
 
Yells, voices, clubs, crowd
Condemnations, chants, choruses
Harsh chase, fierce search
Rods, irons, matchets, weapons
Tyres, fuel, the rage to burn
The anxiety to put to death
Mobocracy, a thorn on humanity.
Some not guilty nor proven
Some either to be jailed or fined
Some either cautioned or gainfully employed,
Some not to die
Some no evidence, mere speculation
Some, a malicious rumour
Some, envy, scandals and gossips
A lot, no reasonable facts
Hidden truths, undisclosed deals
Unknown lies, a trail of vengeance
Jungle justice, shadow of inhumanity.
A common dish to strangers
A dirty garment for visitors,
A note of hate and bitterness
Alien to love and unity
Jungle justice, a barren field.
Mobocracy, a cruel zeal
A harsh treatment and intolerance
A basin of soured dinner
A tree of fruitless branches
An epidemic, a xenophobia
Jungle justice, injustice to mankind.
Superstition and ignorance
Tradition and culture
Religion and belief
Rivalry and opposition,
Not too holy a mob
Seizing, ceasing the hands of time
Inflicting pain and perpertual agony,
All, a box of rags
Wisdom turns it a coat of many colours.
 
Back, home the trauma boils
Old parents go insane
Hopeful siblings waiting a nurture
Wretched home searching for pasture,
Innocent family praying for future
Relatives needing a gesture
Community abhoring the vulture
Mobocracy, the enemy of justice
A thorn in the heart of the world
© Ngozi Olivia Osuoha
 
War Room
 
 
 
My war room
AIN’T
for ‘prayin’.
My war room
IS
for slaying.
I’m ‘jus’ ‘sayin’,
like Sophia said,
“Girl, you ‘otta’ bash Mister’s head in
and think about heaven later”
AND THEN
ONLY THEN
take it up with the creator.
‘Jus’ ‘sayin’
‘Jus’ ‘sayin’
‘An’
I AIN’T ‘PLAYIN’
My war room IS for ‘slayin’.
 
Author: Renee’ B. Drummond-Brown
(Renee’s Poems with Wings are Words in Flight)
 
 
Dedicated to: Fight the good fight!!!
 
 
No part of this poem may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means
without written permission from the author.
All Rights Reserved© August 11, 2016.
 
 
I (still) Do
 
 
 
We met
On the street
After dropping them keys
I picked up
For you
Our eyes
Fell asleep
Deadlocked
Refusing to drop
‘Luv’ at ‘MY’ first sight
‘Daze’ went by,
years,
‘an’ O’
‘Dem’ semi-precious nights
We laughed,
cried,
fussed and literally
Fought a good fight
I did my best
To select a white dress
While you didn’t know it
You passed
Mr. Right’s test
Even saw the ring
2 Karats
Meant the world to me
Yeah ‘everythang’
Including clarity
But something???
Just
Wasn’t
Quite
Right
I noticed
You never stayed
Full nights
‘An’
I never met family
Foe
nor
 
 
friends
Something just ‘wazant’ right
???
Then
Reality
Shattered all dreams
As she walked down the isle
To my man
‘Wit’ a smile
Wearing
My dress and ring
And I still wanted to say
I Do
Ever so badly
To the unknown man
I met on ‘dem’ streets
That would be you
I still do
 
Author: Renee’ B. Drummond-Brown
(Renee’s Poems with Wings are Words in Flight)
 
 
Dedicated To: Drifting on a memory
 
 
No part of this poem may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means
without written permission from the author.
All Rights Reserved© August 6, 2016.
 
We
 
 
 
We are THE spectrum
O’ ‘dat’
Rainbow
We colored ‘girlz’
Range from
Near white
Albino
red
Beige
Yellow
Brown
Black as tonight
AND YES
even ‘MZ’. BLUE to you.
I’m
 
24 kt

shinning gold

Carmel coated elite

Manufactured

In the image of He

Why???

Glad you asked,

Because He made me

COLOURED

Like His feet

For the world to take notice of

me!

Yeah…

WE

ARE

PROUD

to be colored ‘girlz’

Of THE MOST HIGH…

Most definitely.


Author: Renee’ B. Drummond-

Brown

(Renee’s Poems with Wings are

Words in Flight)


Dedicated To: Me and She who



‘wuz’ so black that she is

‘BLUEtiful’ like Him.

No part of this poem may be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, or transmitted by any means

without written permission from the author.

All Rights Reserved© August 9, 2016.

As an emerging artist, trying to establish a solid reputation as an author amongst my critics, I am asking

for your support by *SHARING THIS POST* and *ORDERING* my hardback, soft back, and e-Book(s)

online and/or on my Face Book Page.

(Authored: “Renee’s Poems with Wings are Words in Flight-I’ll Write Our Wrongs” and “SOLD: TO THE

HIGHEST BIDDER”)

WATCH OUT!!!

FOR MY NEXT UP-COMING BOOK SOON!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment