Tuesday, August 16, 2016

Gothic Poetry

Gothic Poetry
 
 
The Dungeon Speaks
 
 
 
Neath a rock, my fear I hide,
Travels I run away,
My eyes deceive perchance I lied,
My heart will not stray.
He told me thus, death or not,
Depends on answer true,
Death to him, may he rot,
Insane my love for you.
He is coming, take my soul,
Keep it safe, hold it tight,
Savage anger, taking its toll,
A Breath I take, I do what is right.
He will not win though he wills it so,
Oh my heart, he reaches for me,
He thinks, he sees, but he does not know,
And his death brings things unseen.
©Cynthia Clark
 
 
 
THE MARK
 
 
 
I thought there was us
I was already walking that road
Hoping you are just behind or in front of me
Maybe for a while you were beside me
But not for long
I got complacent that I haven't noticed you leaving me alone
Suddenly I got afraid
Memories of being alone soon rumbled back
I was left in the darkness again
I was groping everywhere
Hoping that somehow it was only the light that had left us
But no...
All I felt was the cold air embracing me
There's nothing to be held upon
There's nothing I can touch
There's nothing near of reach
I almost fall back
I almost give up
Yet a thought came to mind
I had marked you
With one of those luminescent hue
So that even in darkness you will glow
I would see you
I will find you
Maybe you had ur break for a while
Maybe a breathe of different air is needed
To give balance to your reverie
Don't worry
I'll be looking for the mark
I'll be reclaiming you
Just hold and be still
You will never go astray
Not in this realm
Not again
ngnang
©07/22/1
 
 
 
Mousse de Haunting
 
 
 
Thou art here, yet there
A shimmer in shadowed air,
So near to caress.
I'm driven to press
My lips upon thy neck.
Thy skin melts like chocolate,
Succlent mousse on a silver plate,
In my mouth's wanton cavern.
Though naught as voidance in turn.
For my teeth sink into air.
So wantonly I list thee.
Thou art denied me.
Night for torturous night,
From dusk to breaking light,
I try again upon again.
Thy beauty an aphrodisiac
That lure out the maniac
Dwelling deep in my ghost.
Long seperated from corporeal host.
Longing with unstilled hunger
To devour thy body.
Eternity hath forbid me.
© Jerry Langdon 2016
 
 
 
Fiend
 
 
 
so fiendish that thing
and so cruel is its reign
till you know of naught
'cept of anguish and pain
unmatched is its strength
unrelenting its ways
its eyes are on you
and its gaze never strays
its blackened teeth sink
like the sharpest of knife
while its brutal claws
seem to scar you for life
its scaly hide rubs
till apart you are sawn
each inch it now knows
and on every it's gnawn
it's wore your last nerve
and it's broken your will
till you know for sure
that it's you it shall kill
there's just one way around
it must be ignored
you must put it down
for it's your death ensured
so kiss it goodnight
and then put it to bed
the beast isn't real
it just dwells in your head...
Copyright © 2015 Lemmy Rushmore All rights reserved
 
 
 
foretold numbing
 
 
 
it seems that this crypt is mine
so within it I'll lie
I would claim once alive
but seems we're all born to die
since we all lose this war
think I'll give up the fight
just lie down, grow stiff
and run away from the light
what's the use in the walk
if I'm foretold where to go
why lay eyes on the sights
when they've no splendors to show
why run on and chase
instead of sitting in wait
since the end calls us all
and there's no going late
why rush out to meet
what in time always greets
why beat up ourselves
while it's us that it beats
why not just sit here for it
let it creep up and come
why not be kept by this crypt
till I partake in the numb...
Copyright © 2015 Lemmy Rushmore All rights reserved.
 
 
Dirty Little Secret



Am I your dirty little secret?

Stitch up my lips, darling

So I can't speak of our love

Bind my wrists behind my back

So I shan't write of our love

Am I your hidden fears?

Don't acknowledge my presence

In front of your peers

Pretend I'm just your friend

Am I your secret confessional?

Whisper sad tales and cry turtle tears

Drain my empathy with your need

Take everything and not give a damn

About my punctured heart

Am I your silenced partner?

Deny my existence in its worth

Don't sacrifice your status

To announce our passionate bond

Am I just your echo?

You say it all with deaf ears

Your rambling dialog never stops

You careen wildly toward each word

And the one after that

Leaving me in your dust

Guess I've become a dust bunny

Hidden under your bed,

Neither alive nor dead

Just your dirty little secret

4/17/15 Rexanne Endicott


No comments:

Post a Comment